| Ever had the thought how it would feel to know something that your friends don’t? Wouldn’t it feel good? Everyone wants to pamper themselves with that notion every once in a while. Haven’t you seen those Facebook posts asking questions – which one will fill first, how is the person related? Well, they are mind teaser or brain teasers. There is a whole variety of them out there. From riddles, puzzles to optical illusions.|
Mind you, each and every one is designed by geniuses to test your brains. Although there is no concrete evidence that they tell how smart or intelligent a person is but they sure do work your brains. That is always good once in a while, that could be said about your body as well. The more you exercise with the brain teasers puzzle the more efficient you will become in solving them.
Don’t mix it with IQ testing that’s something wholly different. And we will not be talking about that here. What we are going to tell you is how to stumble upon these trending mind teasers, brain teasers puzzles, and which ones could you earn the tag of Mr Riddler among your friends. Which ones would look good in your social media post
Note: You could always use a Brain busters app for this but they do not get updated so often. You will soon run out of brain teasers puzzles.
So, here is what you need to do to remain Mr Riddler. We’re also going to share with you a list of Top 20 Brain Teasers for Adults, mind teasers all-time greats and most trending ones.
The first thing you need to do is bookmark some sites that showcase daily riddles, a good riddle is a good joke. That could be a great thing to update your day’s status. Let people wonder and discover what you are up to today. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? Here, are some sites that you could use for yourself.
Pzzls – You could find Einstein’s most famous riddles here. Mostly, they have a logic, math and science-based brain teasers puzzles. Browse them one by one or filter according to your preferences. All puzzles are rated and what more you could submit them as well.
ThinkRiddles – Here you will find a collection of over 8000 brain teasers and riddles that could get brains haywire. Check their most popular section here you will find the best riddles on the site. You could also sort them alphabetically.
BrainBashers – It contains a mix of brain teasers, riddles, games, brain teasers puzzles and optical illusions. It is more of a brain busters website as such you will find – jigsaws, mazes, Sudoku, crosswords, etc. Interesting side features like Common Answers and Droodles would make you come back daily or subscribe to the Daily Gubbins email or RSS feed.
Braingle – If you want more variety then you come to this place, Braingle’s mix of quizzes, riddles, logic problems, and trivia. And if treasure hunts fascinate you then you need to try their Puzzle Hunt with ten levels. With links to other websites where you could find more and more fun games online.
The second thing you need is to keep yourself ready for any riddle put forth to you. Your friends would like to get even and level the score. Watch out for that. For this you will need to have some brain busters apps on your phone, not only this would keep you busy but it would also work your brains and not let you get bored. And onto that, you will turn out to be a lot smarter than all your friends. Here, are some mind teasers apps that you could look to install on your phone.
This popular app is split into sessions of three games tailored to your goals: memory, attention, problem solving, processing speed or flexibility of thinking. The games are played against the clock and change every time. Developers say just one session a day can improve mental skills and users can track progress and compare performance with others.
Improve cognitive abilities, such as memory and concentration, with sleek, fun and addictive games designed by neuroscientists. Users can track progress and access insights about overall brain health. Competitive players can challenge friends, too. After an initial quiz, the app adapts each game’s difficulty to your profile and gives you recommendations based on your results. Developers found that users saw improvement by spending at least 20 minutes, two to three times a week, playing the games.
More than 360 unique games and puzzles aimed at stretching and improving your mental agility lead users through various tasks. Sessions get harder as you improve and will always challenge you and provide a solid brain workout. Keep track of your progress and performance tools and the program offers training recommendations for best results.
Now, if you have done all of the above then you are supposedly ready for our Top 20 Brain Teasers for Adults. Hopefully, you get some of them. Good luck.
1. A little girl kicks a soccer ball. It goes 10 feet and comes back to her. How is this possible?
2. A 10-foot rope ladder hangs over the side of a boat with the bottom rung on the surface of the water. The rungs are one foot apart, and the tide goes up at the rate of 6 inches per hour. How long will it be until three rungs are covered?
3. A is the father of B. But B is not the son of A. How’s that possible?
4. A man dressed in all black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly, a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the car know he was there?
5. A rooster laid an egg on top of the barn roof. Which way did it roll?
6. A truck driver is going down a one-way street the wrong way, and passes at least ten cops. Why is he not caught?
7. An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow?
8. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
9. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
11. A man stands on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crosses the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it?
12. A sundial has the fewest moving parts of any timepiece. Which has the most?
13. What is unusual about the following words: revive, banana, grammar, voodoo, assess, potato, dresser, uneven?
14. What makes this number unique — 8,549,176,320?
15. Put a coin into an empty bottle and insert a cork into the neck. How can you remove the coin without removing the cork or breaking the bottle?
16. Two boxers are in a match scheduled for 12 rounds. (Pure boxing only – no kicking, UFC takedowns, or anything else). One of the boxers gets knocked out after only six rounds, yet no man throws a punch. How is this possible?
17. In 1990, a person is 15 years old. In 1995, that same person is 10 years old. How can this be?
18. A man takes his car to a hotel. Upon reaching the hotel, he is immediately declared bankrupt. Why?
19. What do these words have in common: polish, job, herb?
20. You’re standing in a hallway with three light switches on the wall, each of which turns on a different lamp inside a closed room. You can’t see inside the room, and you can’t open the door except to enter the room. You can enter the room only once, and when you do, all the lamps must be turned off. How can you tell which switch turns on which lamp?
Ready for the answers?
1. Ever heard of gravity? She kicked it up.
2. Never. The boat rises as the tide goes up.
3. B is the daughter.
4. It was daytime.
5. It didn’t roll – since when did roosters start laying eggs?
6. Because he was not driving! He’s walking on the sidewalk.
7. Because he was not driving! He’s walking on the sidewalk.
8. By sleeping during the night time.
9. The Egg won’t crack the concrete floor!
10. It is not a problem since you will never find an elephant with one hand.
11. The river was frozen.
12. An hourglass, with thousands of grains of sand.
13. Take the first letter of each word and place it at the end. It will spell the same word backwards.
14. It contains each number, zero through nine, in alphabetical order.
15. Push the cork down into the bottle. Then shake the coin out.
16. Both boxers are female.
17. The person was born in 2005 B.C.
18. The man is playing Monopoly. He lands on a property with a hotel and doesn’t have enough money to pay the rent.
19. All three words are pronounced differently when the first letter is capitalized.
20. Turn on the right switch and leave it on for two minutes. After two minutes, turn on the middle switch and leave it on for one minute. When that minute is up, turn off both switches and enter the room. One light bulb will be hot (1st switch) and one will be warm (2nd switch). The cold bulb will correspond to the switch you didn’t turn on.